Thursday, August 25, 2011

Bella







About 3 weeks ago while we were still in California, I got a call from my friends husband, Trent in Deming. He had just gotten an 8 week old pure bred English Mastiff and wondered if we were interested in getting the last female puppy? Of course I was excited because the kids and I have been wanting a Mastiff for awhile, but they are really expensive and the timing was never right. Well, Dan was at work during the time Trent called, so I just text him a picture and told him we would be able to get the puppy for $200!!! We sent Trent a check and he kept her for two weeks until we arrived home to Deming. I am not sure what possessed me to get her now at 8 months pregnant, but we couldn't pass her up!! We all agreed on Bella, since it is a "B" name to go with the kids and I am a huge Twilight fan. She will take a lot of work (as all puppies) do, but we have already grown to love her so much! Bella will be huge in a short amount of time, and big dog means big poop! However, the boys are very responsible and assure me that they will clean it up...we will see?!

3 comments:

Dean Family said...

you have to let me know how it goes. mike really wants to get one for the girls - i just can't bring myself to do it. we were so close to doing it on shelby's bday...but I always have an excuse for timing. a new puppy to train and a newborn, i don't think I can. good luck :) she's pretty adorable btw - i don't know that I could have turned that sweet thing down either

Valina said...

Cute puppy! You're brave!

Cameron and Vanessa said...

Oh Bella is so cute! She will be big! I love mastiffs, and yes big dogs = big poop. We know. Your kids are getting so big!