Thursday, August 11, 2011

Bitter and Sweet!

My Birthday was on July 27th and now that I am 34, I am ready to "smell the roses"! Other than the torture pregnancy has done to my body, I really feel young and ready to conquer new challenges! I was dreading this day, but I have to say it will go down in history as one of my favorite Birthday's. Braxton was so cute and insisted that I make a list of things I wanted and he would deliver it to Dan. He was very responsible and made sure (several times) that I was getting the royal treatment! Blaze and Berlyn loved wishing me a Happy Birthday several times during the day. I got to go shopping by myself, ate lunch at Richie's Diner, ending with flowers, cake and ice cream. My day was also filled with Happy Birthday phone calls, texts, and 2 very touching packages (1 from my Mom and 1 from my dear friends in Deming)! It was an awesome day and hope next year is even better!!
Dan is truly my Best Friend and I am Lucky in Love!
My 3 favorite gifts with a "cute little package arriving in September"!
Braxton on his own, followed by Berlyn and Dan riding down a hill in a cart...not a bad way to spend the day!
I am afraid Blaze is our speed demon!!
The boys were not too thrilled when we arrived at Big Bear Lake and the only place to walk around was the boating dock. We thought for sure there would be a beach to play, but we were wrong. We were just glad the boys were able to speed down the hill in carts!

32 weeks pregnant...the time is flying by fast!
Braxton, Blaze, Rilee (10), Wyatt (8). These 4 have been inseparable these last couple of weeks. Their father is also a Border Patrol agent from Artesia, NM...and their family is fully aware of how "Detail Assignments" work. They have been on several and the kids seem very well adjusted children for traveling a lot! Their mother Yolanda and I have become friends also. Even though Braxton is only 8, Rilee thinks the world of him! Usually Braxton and Rilee pair off, and Blaze and Wyatt stick together. Braxton is innocent now, but because of his maturity...he may attract older women!!!
Since we gave Berlyn water wings, she has NO FEAR of the water!
Blaze is always up for a good picture!

Blaze playing at the splash pad at the newly built community pool in Rosena Ranch.
Berlyn taking another dive into the water.
Berlyn loves having Braxton close by to protect her and make sure he is always within arms length!
We will truly miss the Hadfield family! These 4 boys. were instant friends from the minute they met! Keaton just turned 9yr. and Collin is 6yr.
Shalon and I were meant to cross paths! Her and her family have been the "saving grace" of our summer! She is truly a gift from Heavenly Father and she welcomed us into her life from the moment we met. She is just as beautiful inside and she is outside. I am grateful for her friendship and will miss her!
Camille is 6 months and has the most kissable thighs you can imagine!
Kennedy is 3 yr. and welcomed Berlyn into her heart. She also introduced her to "anything and everything about being a princess", and now Berlyn thinks she is a Princess instead of a girl!

We are really going to miss California and the wonderful people we have met these last three months! It is always "bitter" in saying goodbye to those you have come to care about, but "sweet" saying Hello to the people and place you call home. That is truly how I feel...so blessed to have met new friends, and having the chance once again to be reacquainted with old friends. I have been called a "trooper" from both the old and the new, but what my friends fail to realize is the strength they give me to get through it all! I really would not be the same person without my friends and the constant support of (MY AMAZING FAMILY). I know loved ones have been praying in our behalf and have felt the power of prayer.

No comments: