Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My little "Shoe" girl!



Berlyn is a girl after my own heart and has really come to like shoes! Back in March, I took all three kids to the shoe store to buy Braxton and Blaze a new pair of tennis shoes. Berlyn immediately went to her section and began looking for anything she could try on. To no avail, she discovered these adorable shoes (the ones I had been eyeing, but knew she wouldn't get them). I let her try them on and when the boys did not find anything, I told her we had to go.
She was not going to let me take her shoes and went for the door screaming. Meanwhile, I had found some new tennis shoes for myself, but was trying to calm down Berlyn. When Dan came into the store to see what the boys had chosen, he just shook his head and said, "how is it that we came to get the boys shoes, and you and Berlyn end up with shoes in your hands?" I tried again to pry them off her feet, but in the end her daddy bought her the shoes. The boys eventually found shoes that day, so I guess everybody was a winner; except Dan!

1 comment:

Heather Williams said...

Okay Nicole, that story is hilarious and Dan is such a cute dad for buying those shoes CUTE shoes for her. I love the pics you got with her posing. Can I just say how ADORABLE all of your kids are?! ANd, CONGRATULATIONS on the baby news...you little stinker, you kept it a secret...I guess I have no room to talk:) I'm so happy for you guys and we are so bummed that we couldn't be there when you were. Take care and we love you!