Sunday, January 09, 2011

A Glimpse of Heaven








We welcomed a new member of the Willvie clan on December 28th! Evan Dayne Ivie was sealed to Meagan Elise Funk on December 28th in the Salt Lake Temple. Even though we were only there for a few days...I will never forget them. We stayed with the Richard's family on the 25th-26th, then checked into a hotel on Sunday. My sister Natalie accompanied us to dinner and to the hotel that evening. She was making a huge sacrifice to attend the wedding, since her husband and kids were already in Washington D.C. awaiting the sealing of his brother. They had non-refundable tickets, but Natalie (at a big cost) was able to change her ticket to fly out on Tuesday after Dayne's wedding. It was so cool to spend one-on-one time with Natalie and feel of her sisterly love for me! Nat and I both agreed that the wedding was not the only reason she sacrificed to stay in Utah (I love you Nat)! On Monday morning, a few of us were able to go through a session (Meagan's first time). The spirit was so strong and the entire session I kept thinking how proud my dad would be of his "Young Dayne"! A few of us were able to see the lights on Temple Square, and of course the batteries to our new camera were not charged! The sealing was on Tuesday at 8:20am. For a moment, I thought I was in Heaven and did not want to leave the room! I was crying tears of joy and sadness (knowing we had to drive back to New Mexico directly after pictures). I really felt my dad's presence and did not want to part from my loved ones. I know Dayne and Meagan will have many years of happiness and so glad we were able to witness a young couple unite their bonds of love forever.

4 comments:

Valina said...

Wow! I didn't know that Dayne was getting married, how awesome! You all look so good. It's so nice to spend time with sisters. You have an awesome family!

Brittnee said...

I'm so glad that you guys made the huge trip and that we got to see you! It was awesome having all the siblings there. I love the Christmas posts...we need to start having some new traditions of our own...how fun! That picture of Berlyn holding her purse is soooo cute and totally priceless! Love you so much!

Britt

The Cook Family said...

I loved every minute of being with you and your family! You made me feel at home, even though I was missing my little ones like crazy. You are an amazing mother to those sweet kids! I love all of the Christmas pictures you took with that NEW CAMERA! I'm very jealous. Thanks for everything, Nic. I love you so much!

Linds said...

Your family keeps getting bigger and more beautiful! Is that even possible?