

When Dan and I knew we would be only be in Rosewell for 4 months, we were nervous and excited about putting Braxton in school. However, after having a heart to heart with Braxton, Dan and I both felt strongly that I should home school him. I am not against home school, but had never really considered it for my own children. Even though I have struggled a bit with routine and keeping myself and Braxton motivated, I am seeing the positive benefits that come from home school. In a way, I feel that I get a second chance to have "one on one" time with my oldest boy. I was not planning on putting Blaze in preschool, but once again Dan and I felt that in order for Braxton to receive the attention he needs, Blaze needed to have his own routine. I was hesitant and wondered,
"Why is Blaze going to school, and Braxton is home?" However, I soon realized that it was the best decision for everyone and Blaze was asking me "Mom...when do I get to go to school?" I feel that Heavenly Father's hand is in this and I know that it is only temporary, but I am learning so much as a teacher and mother. Blaze and Braxton get the entire morning to play together, and then I take Blaze to his preschool (which is very impressive) at 12:00. Then Braxton, Berlyn and I have lunch together at home and school begins as soon as I put Berlyn down for a nap. We usually have 2 1/2 hours to work together and then we go pick up Blaze at 3:00. We definitely have better days than others, but for now this routine works for us!
1 comment:
Blaze looks so grown up! I bet it was hard to let him go, but I'm so glad it is working out. Give those cuties a kiss from me!
Post a Comment