






I'm not sure I really understood what Dan's job entailed when he decided to work for the Government? People had warned me that we may up and move at any given time; whether it be temporary or permanent. I must say after 4 years tucked away in Deming...I thought we were safe from any sudden change in location. Boy, was I wrong!! Dan was "mandated" 1 month ago to teach at the B.P. Academy where he received his training. He was given two weeks to find a house and move to Artesia, NM (4 1/2 hours from Deming). It was a hard decision for the kids and I to leave our friends, a great ward, and Braxton's school, but we knew it would be even harder to be without Dan. 5 years ago, I did not have a choice in accompanying him to the Academy, but this time I am blessed in having the option to be with him. Of course there is never a good time to move, but we really feel that it is a wonderful opportunity for Dan and a great adventure for our family. We were not able to find a decent house in Artesia, so we are currently living in Rosewell; which is 40min. from Artesia. The commute is not ideal, but as of now we will only be here until November 30th.
We are enjoying some of the things here like: the bottomless lake, shopping, restaurants, a great library, a wonderful preschool, a gym with "free" daycare, and we are excited to get to know the people in our new ward!
I am also enjoying a "cleaning lady" named Sean, who comes 1 time per week! She always compliments me on keeping a tidy house and says there is not much for her to do. However, I am taking advantage and letting the house get a little more dirty than usual!


6 comments:
What! A cleaning lady? How did you get hooked up with that?! That's awesome, but yeah I don't know if I could let someone else clean my house...am I weird? The deep cleaning yeah sure. So it looks like you guys have had a great time. Has it already been a month? crazy how time flies. by the time your done there you'll have to come to washington to see the new little buddy:) you are always welcome to come, I hope you know. Anyways, it's fun to see all your pics of you and your cute cute family.
I look up to you so much for following your husband...very brave! It probobly would have been easier to stay at home, but it looks and sounds like you guys are having fun! Cute pictures of your family, I love you guys so much :) And Lyny's little shoes are sooo darling... Aisha wants them real bad!
Wow! Good luck with all the changes! Starting over is often hard, but you are so outgoing that you won't have any problems. Your kids are too cute!
I knew you would do well wherever you go. I'm sure it doesn't hurt to have some places to venture out either! That lake looks fun...lots of sand to play with. The kids are so grown up. I love the pics with the sunglasses. Give them hugs and kisses for me. I can't wait to see you in a couple months. Love you so much!
P.S....You look way too cute in your swim suit. I bet Dan was like, "Va Va Voom!"
Thank you so much, Nic, for a great weekend there in Roswell! We miss you guys so much--went to your house today to pick up Reb and had a tear! I was sorely tempted to snatch your family pic off the wall and bring it home with me, thinking "well, at least then I could see them everyday!" Love you guys so much, give your kids hugs for me. :)
nic i miss you so much i just wanna cry :( i love seeing pics of the kids, i miss them sooo much. we just went to cascade for the weekend and i wish your family could have been there. im glad your settling in with your new location - looks like there will be some fun adventures
Post a Comment