
It was hard saying goodbye to family, but we ended our trip with a wedding and a relaxing Fathers Day in Moab. Our oldest niece, Dani, was sealed to her sweetheart Michael in the Bountiful Temple on Saturday the 19th. It was such a beautiful sealing and the sealer was amazing. He gave them some amazing counsel, but the two things that stuck out to me was: 1) continue to "date" each other 2) "you two" are the most important things now and everything else comes second. I really felt the spirit so strong, and even felt the presence of my niece Katherine who was stillborn. It was just an amazing day from the beginning as I walked into the waiting room...all of my nieces and nephews were sitting so still and looking so beautiful and angelic. I thought, "this must be what Heaven is like!"
Since Michael is part Hawaiian, they had a Luau during the luncheon. Michael and Dani had homemade lays and everyone else got shelled necklaces as they walked in. The food was wonderful and there was great entertainment; including a dance that all the women learned together and a dance that all the men learned together. I did not get any pictures of the women, but I was so proud of all the Dean boys for learning the dance. My eyes were of course fixed directly on the cutest boy up there!!!! Even though I am the dancer in our family, Dan is surprisingly very coordinated and has the best pointed foot for a guy that I have ever seen. He says it is due to his "high arches", but I think he secretly took ballet as a child (ha-ha). At any rate, our kids have rhythm and I could not be more delighted!
After hangin' with the Dean clan in the hotel and saying our goodbyes the following morning, we headed to Toy Story 3 with Jeff and Kim and boys before they flew back to Tennessee. It was a great start to a very enjoyable Fathers Day. After the movie, we said goodbye and ate at the cutest Italian restaurant called "Spaghetti Mama's". Berlyn is our "picky" eater, but I think she ate more than the boys! We usually dread the trip back to Deming, because it is so long and we try to get there in 1 day. However, we decided to stay in Moab and enjoy a hotel with pool and see the "Hole in the Rock" museum and zoo. I think Dan had a pretty good Fathers Day and we really enjoyed the trip home!






No comments:
Post a Comment