





Dan had to go back to work in Deming, so he flew out of Boise and we headed to Grandma Boyer's. We stayed a couple days with her and then headed back to Firth. It was so much fun hangin' with my fam! During my stay, I was able to see a dear, sweet cousin and her two adorable kids, and visit with my Grandpa Ivie (who has had his share of trials these last 18 months). My Grandma Ivie passed away in January of 2009 and since then has had a hip replacement, then surgery due to a broken femur, and is now back in the hospital due to blood clots and pneumonia! He is an amazing man and someone I hold the highest respect. I was so glad to see him before I came home!! I got to see him in the hospital just before returning to Mackay, and then he drove all the way to Firth to spend more time with me. I will cherish our visit always and hope it won't be long before I get to see him again.
While in Firth, I had the opportunity to teach again for the Brindusa-Moore Summer Intensive. This was my 4th summer teaching for them...so I guess I am doing a good job, since they keep inviting me to come back! They are the coolest couple and I am honored to be a part of their staff! While in Pocatello, I was able to visit with my good friends Molly, Lauralee, and Marcia. They have been wonderful mentors and true friends. We always pick up where we left off. Devanee was my hired babysitter and I couldn't have asked for better help! My kids adore her and I am glad her and Berlyn were able to connect.
I was ready to return to Deming...but it was hard to leave my family this time around. I'm not sure if it was because I was there for two weeks, or I am just realizing that we may never be able to live in Idaho (at least until Dan retires from Border Patrol)?! It is weird to think that...but it may not be in the "cards" for us? I cherish each visit with all my heart and so thankful for cell phones, skype, and emails!


1 comment:
Oh Nicole! Seeing all of you and Natalie's pics makes me miss all of you guys so much. There's nothing like home, really. What a great time you got to have while visiting home...especially that priceless time with your grandpa! What an amazing man he is! You look so good and your kids are still just the cutest. We are so bummed we won't get to see you.
Take care!
Post a Comment