Thursday, September 20, 2012

April

Happy Easter Sunday!


Day 1: When Berlyn woke up, all she wanted was her blanket and her "Baby Susan"
Dan and Briggs trying to enjoy sitting in the "hard" chair
Day 6: Dan had to return to work and my good friend Marlena and her daughter Lindsey dropped everything they were doing to come and cheer up Berlyn! When she arrived with flowers and a basket of goodies I started to cry with tears of gratitude because my prayers were answered! I had offered a tender prayer to the Lord and he answered my prayer by sending some one to rescue me.
 
 Day 10: finally back to her normal self!



April was Not my favorite month; but 10 days after Berlyn's Tonsillectomy...there were a few highlights:) I will not go into great detail, but when people tell you that it is "No big deal" to have your child's tonsills removed, I beg to differ!!! I hated every minute: from seeing her daddy cry real tears when they took her from his arms screaming, to holding her sweet hand and looking at the dried blood on her face waiting for her to wake up from the surgery; wondering if she would lash out in anger or just cry in pain, to thinking the first day was a breeze and saying "hey this isn't too bad", to crying myself to sleep because everything Dan or I did would not please her, to hearing the gurgling sound at night when she was breathing and then to watch her throw-up and wonder if she would choke and how painful it must have felt, to watching her loose weight and being too skinny to wear her "skinny jeans", and then finally watching her become herself again after the 10th day. I know there are many surgeries much more dangerous...but it was something I hope we do not have to do again. I have since counted my blessings and the fact that our children have been incredibly healthy in their young lives!

3 comments:

The Richards Family said...

Oh nicole..thanks for posting. First time in a cart..he's so sweet!!! Love you and miss you..and look forward to reading more posts!!!

The Cook Family said...

Nic, you are so great at documenting special moments in your kids lives! Jaida has been looking at your blog nonstop since I showed her the pics of Berlyn in the hospital. She was so concerned for her. Very sweet! I miss you all so much. It makes it a little easier to see pictures of your little ones and know that you are all doing well. Love you, sis!

Valina said...

That's rough! Poor girl, she is such a cutie! 10 days is a long time, I don't remember it lasting that long when Brayden got his out. I do remember how aweful the first couple days were though, it was not fun! Sorry you had to go through that.