December is a busy Birthday month starting with Blaze on the 13th, Dan on the 15th, Braxton on the 29th, and Berlyn on the 31st!! Due to the amount of Birthday's and trying to squeeze Christmas in the middle, I have decided to let the kids have a "friend party" at the ages of 6yr, 12yr, and 18yr. I may change my mind along the way, but so far it is working. So this year was the big "6yr" for Blaze! I can't believe how grown up he is?? I made Elf cupcakes for his class; which they all appreciated! Later that evening we celebrated his Birthday with dinner at Palma's (with his table decorated with balloons), and opening presents from mom and dad. We ended the night watching Cars 2 (one of his gifts). It was a fun night! Then Friday night was a very fun "Rock You" party, as 4 families were invited. We acted out skits (fairy tales with a fun twist, like "Little Red Riding Hood acted out in a Broadway style"), busted some moves on the dance floor, hit the guitar pinata, opened gifts, and ate cake. I thought the party was a hit and I think everybody enjoyed themselves. I wanted to do something special for Dan this year, so I pre-arranged a special surprise that would happen at Blaze's party. I asked 2 of Dan's friends to give a "surprise" tribute about him in his honor. Rustin Richins talked about his first impressions of Dan and what his friendship has really meant to him, and Tip Barentine played his guitar and sang "Live like you were dying". I think Dan had a few tears in his eyes and I know for sure I did! It was so touching and I was happy to surprise Dan with a gift from my heart!
Friday, March 23, 2012
Blaze, You Rock!!
December is a busy Birthday month starting with Blaze on the 13th, Dan on the 15th, Braxton on the 29th, and Berlyn on the 31st!! Due to the amount of Birthday's and trying to squeeze Christmas in the middle, I have decided to let the kids have a "friend party" at the ages of 6yr, 12yr, and 18yr. I may change my mind along the way, but so far it is working. So this year was the big "6yr" for Blaze! I can't believe how grown up he is?? I made Elf cupcakes for his class; which they all appreciated! Later that evening we celebrated his Birthday with dinner at Palma's (with his table decorated with balloons), and opening presents from mom and dad. We ended the night watching Cars 2 (one of his gifts). It was a fun night! Then Friday night was a very fun "Rock You" party, as 4 families were invited. We acted out skits (fairy tales with a fun twist, like "Little Red Riding Hood acted out in a Broadway style"), busted some moves on the dance floor, hit the guitar pinata, opened gifts, and ate cake. I thought the party was a hit and I think everybody enjoyed themselves. I wanted to do something special for Dan this year, so I pre-arranged a special surprise that would happen at Blaze's party. I asked 2 of Dan's friends to give a "surprise" tribute about him in his honor. Rustin Richins talked about his first impressions of Dan and what his friendship has really meant to him, and Tip Barentine played his guitar and sang "Live like you were dying". I think Dan had a few tears in his eyes and I know for sure I did! It was so touching and I was happy to surprise Dan with a gift from my heart!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















1 comment:
I love you Nic. You have such a beautiful family and you are an amazing mom and wife. It's been so long since I've seen you! Thank for you the sweatshirt for Jacoby. It is so cute.
Post a Comment