Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Simple Reminder

I was visiting with my Grandma Boyer (who I have been very close to since a little girl) on the phone 2 days ago and telling her about my "hotel life". I have to say that life in a hotel is no picnic, but as I was telling my Grandma about breakfast M-S; with dinner M-Th, a maid to clean every day, and air conditioning, plus a pool and basket ball court for the kids, I was simply reminded of how spoiled I have been this summer! My Grandma reminded me of how lucky I am and I was grateful for her wisdom and positive outlook in my (not so difficult) situation! I would not recommend living in a hotel for a long period of time, but we have made it work so far. I have met some wonderful people and have even gotten to know 1 of the cooks (Sylvia), who I now adore!

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

I love this post Nicole. It is so easy to complain about the things we don't have and forget to look at the blessings that we do have right in front of us. Thank you for the little reminder. I am so thankful that I have been blessed to have you in my life. You are a true example to me of what it is to be a valiant woman in the gospel. Thank you!

Valina said...

I can't imagine living in a hotel for a long period of time, it would be difficult. I'm sure the kids will remember this tagein their lives though and have great memories!It would be nice to not have to cook as much and be constantly cleaning a kitchen!