Friday, July 01, 2011

Santa Monica Beach and Disneyland

Berlyn was scared of the water until Dan convinced her how fun it was! She didn't want to leave his side!

Dan reminds me often that Berlyn must be the "favorite" since I take the most pictures of her?!
My gorgeous "model sister" and her darling Sadie!
Blaze, Braxton, Chase...they were inseparable!
"Hang Ten"
We stood in line 30min. to see the princesses and Berlyn wanted nothing to do with them!

Berlyn was with me the entire day, and Blaze would join me when he didn't make the height requirement for the big rides! He cried every time, but I made him look happy in this picture.
Berlyn spotted this baby Mini when we were browsing in the Disney store. Of course she was crying when I put it back, but guess who bought it for her? Her Daddy!!
Sadie and Berlyn having a friendly moment! I found this outfit previous to Brooke coming and when she arrived, we were shopping at Target and Brooke came away with a matching outfit:)

Brooke and Brock and kids came to visit us on June 24-28! We were so excited to see them arrive safely on Friday morning after driving through the night. We started Friday off by relaxing in the pool (while Brock slept), then we decided to brave Edwards Theatre and watch "Cars 2" on opening night. Of course there were hardly any open seats and we had to be split up, but we loved the movie. On Saturday, we headed to Santa Monica Beach. We all had a great time, except the ones who swallowed too much water (yuck)!! There is something so calming and scary about the ocean. The kids loved waiting for the waves to catch up to them and see if they could stand without falling. Brock and Dan swam for a bit and came out spitting! The Dad's also took the 4 boys to a Dodgers game, while Brooke and I took Sadie and Berlyn shopping. On Monday we woke up early to drive to Disneyland which is only 40min. from where we live. Dan and I realized that (summer) is not the time to go to Disneyland, but we have to take advantage of how close we are to everything! So I thought a Monday would be less crowded, but I was wrong! Also, because we divided into groups, I didn't get very many photo's! I think everyone had a good time, but with a broken toe, being pregnant, and hot and crowded....you could say I was ready to leave after dinner. I still felt the "magic" of Disneyland and was so grateful to share it with family, but I don't want to return until a later date! On Tuesday, we went out to eat for lunch and spent a couple of hours in the pool. Brooke and Brock left that evening to drive through the night. It was hard to say goodbye, since we are not certain of when we will see them again? I was so grateful for the quality time spent with them and feel so blessed that they made the sacrifice to come! We love you guys!!

3 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Nic, I am so glad that you guys got to spend some time with Brooke and her family.I love the pics. Looks like you guys had a blast, but yeah, being pregnant with a broken toe and hot weather is not my idea of fun. I would have been ready to leave by lunch time!! You are braver than me.

I loved our talk the other day! Call me any time, day or night. I love ya!

Erin said...

That picture of Dan tossing Berlyn in the air is PRICELESS!! You guys look like you had a great time!

Valina said...

What cute pictures Nicole! How can you not take pictures of that cute little girl of yours!That's so nice to have family visit you.