








Braxton was baptized on January 21st! I knew I would be an emotional mess, but didn't prepare myself for the overpowering love I felt for our Savior. Both Dan & I's parents, and Dan's sister Kim and her son Kade arrived Thursday evening. It was so special to have family come so many miles to be with us. Friday was really a relaxing day, because I had so much help from our ward. I also had phone calls from loved ones wishing Braxton a great day, so I really felt surrounded by love and support. My mom gave a talk on Baptism, and Marilyn gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. They were so touching and given directly to Braxton. The Richins also came from Deming (which was extra special), and Erin and Morgan each sang a solo; which were beautiful. The Bishop also talked to Braxton and told him that his life is like a puzzle, and this is the first very important "piece" to the rest of his life. Dan was also a little emotional as he baptized him and his confirmation was so touching! I not only felt the spirit manifest that the church is true, but I felt an overpowering love for our Savior. I have since thought about the song (sung by Erin) "If I Listen With My Heart." My favorite verse: "I feel the Holy Spirit as he teaches truth and right, He comforts me in times of need, He testifies of Christ, He speaks to me in quiet ways that fill my soul with peace, And if I listen with my heart I hear the Savior's voice." These words will forever live in my heart. I am so proud of Braxton and know he made the right decision. He is a special young man who has touched so many lives already. I know (as Dan blessed him) he will be a leader and reach out for others.


4 comments:
What a great post about Braxton. That kid has always impressed me, and I'm so proud of his decision. You guys have done such a great job! Wish we could have been there. I'm so happy that you had so much love and support there. Wish we could see eachother more often! Maybe someday. We love you guys.
Nic, I am so teary. I can't believe he got baptized. It seems like yesterday we were preggos together and now our babies are growing up. Thanks so much for sharing such a special day. I love and miss you all too pieces!
Oh, Nic...I have tears running down my face because that young boy is so special to me. We have always had a unique bond, and I love him like he was my own. He has such a neat spirit about him, and I'm so grateful that he made the decision to be baptized. I know that he has taken this very seriously and knows the importance of it in his life. I WISH we could have been there, but I hope you all felt our prayers. I love you, and you looked gorgeous by the way! Talk to you soon.
look how big he is! wow where has the last 8 yrs gone? I still remember the day her was born - he is an amazing boy, we love him. I'm so bummed we couldn't be there - I really wish we still lived in the same town. Nic your hair is soooo cute - you all look great. what a wonderful weekend for you guys!
*i can't WAIT to see you in a few weeks :)!!!!!!!
Post a Comment