We were expecting my In-Laws to join us for Thanksgiving this year, but the icy roads and bad weather were good enough reasons to change their plans. I had already purchased all the food for our feast, before knowing it would be way more than we could eat. I was trying to be optimistic, but my heart was heavy to know that we would be alone for Thanksgiving this year. However, my mood changed the following day when I could hear my children laughing and Dan by my side asking me what he could help. My "sad" day turned "happy" as Dan & I worked together in the kitchen to get everything done by 1:00p.m. Everybody dressed-up for the occasion, and we each took a turn saying what we were thankful for. It does not take very much for me to get emotional, but I wasn't expecting to feel the spirit so strong at our little table. I instantly felt so blessed to have my husband and children by my side and that was all I needed to make my Thanksgiving a HAPPY DAY!
Blaze had a Thanksgiving Feast at his preschool. His class got to help with the soup! It was really delicious and so cute to see his homeade "clay-necklace", "place-mat", and Indian hat.
3 darling kids awaiting dinner!
I had a surprise waiting for me on the door step about 1 week prior to Thanksgiving! I am the last sister and sister-in law to receive one of these "bad-boys"! I've managed fine without a Bosch, but now I don't know what I ever did without it?? Dan has been promising me one for years, but we put it on the back burner next other financial "necessities. Well no more excuses...
BETTY CROCKER, HERE I COME!
Everything was DELICIOUS! Thanks babe for making our dinner extra special!







3 comments:
Nicole- love the new family pics. The boys look so grown up! I can't believe Braxton will be eight soon. Good job on Thanksgiving dinner, I don't think I could do it by myself. You are such an awesome wife and mother- and big sister too! Love ya and excited to see you in three weeks
Nicole, that is a happy day..when you can have those you love the very most near you. What cute kids waiting for turkey dinner....and are those deviled eggs I see on the table? You are an awesome wife, mother, cook, waitress, dancer, blogger, friend, and so much more. Love you sis....I'm excited to see you! Brooke
Oh Nic, I'm so grateful that you had an awesome day! You have such a great attitude, and I don't know if I would have been as optimistic. You have amazing kids and a supportive husband, I'm glad you were able to have those tender moments with them as you all said what you were thankful for. Dinner looked great! We missed you here, but are all so excited to see you in a couple weeks. I love how Berlyn has to have her blanket in all of the pictures....so much like Jaida! Love you!
Post a Comment