Thursday, October 07, 2010

"Braxton is my Hero!"






I have been so impressed with Blaze's preschool...so naturally I was excited to attend "Hero Day" at his school. When we arrived, there were fathers from the military, fire station, and police station. It was touching to see these fathers in uniform as we gathered around to say the Pledge of Allegiance. The kids sang some songs they had been working on, and we finished with chips and hot dogs. The best part was when the firemen turned on their hose and sprayed anybody who wanted to get wet! My boys were soaked, but smiling from head to toe. Blaze had to write something about his hero and attach a picture that was displayed with the other collages. He chose Braxton and said, "Braxton is my hero, because he is my best friend and he plays with me." I thought is was so sweet, but realized how very true his statement is. They can certainly fight like brothers, but they have so many tender moments that make their mother shed tears of joy! I hope they remain best friends through their growing years and into adulthood.

4 comments:

Heather Williams said...

What a cool preschool! I think Blaze will always be one of my favorites, he's just so funny and cute. I love that he picked his big brother to be his hero (as I'm sure Dan is too). blaze's hair is getting long, I'm used to his buzzed head. Anyway, it was so great to chat with you the other day, do you realize we talked for 1 hour?! Wowzas! Take care, so glad you guys are enjoying your new place.

The Cook Family said...

Gosh! Everything is making me cry today. What a neat thing for the boys to be involved in. That preschool sound awesome. I'm sure to a 4 year old boy, his older brother is his hero...no question. I love those boys and little Berlyn so much. Glad they had a fun day! Love you, Nic. Talk to you soon.

Brittnee said...

Tearing up! That is a cool thing to do for those kids. I love how Blaze looks up to his brother so much...he chose wisely, Braxton is a boy worth emulating! I love that pic of Blaze and his sweet, sweet face :) Love you mo much!

Britt

Dean Family said...

love it!!! what a sweet thing, cute brothers! also....i LOVE the shirts! hehe