Saturday, June 26, 2010
Back to my roots...
On the way back from Nampa to Firth, I decided it was "TIME" to visit my hometown. I hadn't been to Arco since my high school reunion (which was 5 years ago). My main visit was to stay with my Grandma Boyer...who I love more than life itself. I have had a strong connection to her ever since I was a little girl. We totally understand one another and have developed such a strong friendship over the years. I knew that if I didn't take a few days to spend with her...who knows when our next meeting may be? It was great to be with her and as soon as I came into Arco, a sudden surge of emotion and nostalgia came over me! I drove by my old house and took the kids to the park and famous "Drive-In" (which in my opinion still has the best burgers and milkshakes in town). I got to visit with a close cousin and his family and even saw two of my Aunts! My time seemed more stressful with 3 kids to watch closely...but I loved every minute. There was a time in my life I was embarrassed to tell people where I grew up? However, I am so grateful I had the opportunity to grow up in Arco. It was and will always be a place where friendships were made, a love for people developed, and I gained my very own testimony of the gospel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I wish we coul have been there at the same time! I too hadn't been back for many years, drove our kids by our old house and took the kids to the drive-in! Miss you and the great times we had together in Arco!
Glad you got to go back. Glad the drive-in is still open. Glad you got to see family.
I love that amazing lady we call our Grandmother. I'm so glad you were able to go and see her. I bet it just made her day to have you there. You two have always had such a great relationship. That is something you can cherish for ever. Love you. Thanks for the post.
Post a Comment