Wednesday, May 19, 2010

"Mother...May I?"

Sunday was an awful day with kids fighting, baby crying, and Dan working a midnight shift...but Saturday was an awesome day! I actually suggested a new grill for Mother's Day. Dan's mouth fell open and he kept asking, "are you sure??" I was just so excited to say "goodbye" to the old grill and nasty table to match. We love to grill in the summer, so I thought it was the perfect gift to go with a new Sunday outfit...

"MOTHER MAY WE BUY YOU A SHINY NEW GRILL?"


"MOTHER MAY WE BUILD OUR OWN MUDSLIDE AND
HAVE THE BEST TIME OF OUR LIVES?"


Berlyn's hair was getting so long and beautiful, but she had some short baby hairs underneath that weren't growing...so I attempted her first "real" hair cut with a few darling layers and side-swept bangs to boot! "MOTHER MAY I...PLAY WITH YOUR MOOSE?"

A few people had told us about an awesome park in Silver City, so we thought we would have our FHE with pizza in "Penny Park". Deming has a few nice parks, but this park is definitely the coolest we have been to. You can't tell from the pictures, but the equipment is all constructed out of wood and so beautiful...lots of places, stairs, and levels to run and hide. We had a great time together as a family, and Berlyn could have stayed in her swing all night long!

"MOTHER MAY WE PLAY AT PENNY PARK ALL NIGHT LONG?"

4 comments:

Valina said...

You havae the cutest kids ever! Love Berlyns hair and what an awesome grill! We love to grill and have been with out one ever since we moved so we finally got a cheap one for Rob's b-day.

The Richards Family said...

I love the theme "mother may I". Nice grill...Ya gettin all up in my grill(snap)? I mean...you guys look so good. Looks like the boys loved the mudslide and the park. Whenever we play in wood chips at the park I find them in the darndest places (i,e; kids shorts, shoes and ears...ya know) Love you so much!
p.s Berlyn's hair is soooo cute, did you save it?

Brittnee said...

Happy mom's day to you! You are a great mom, Nicole and have the cutest kidos--can't wait to see you all. I love berlyn's hair, what a beautiful little lady she is:) Love you mo much and we'll see ya soon...Abby is soooo excited!

The Cook Family said...

Nic, what a cute post! You are such a good mother to those kids. I love the mudslide! I bet they had the time of their lives. Berlyn is a dolly sweetheart! I can't believe she got a haircut already. It's so cute on her. Love you! See ya soon!